Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day Trip

This last Thursday I spent an enjoyable day in Monterey and Carmel with my two buddies, Beth and Jenna! We walked around Cannery Row where we bought fudge, candy, caramel apples and enjoyed free samples of clam chowder and Ghirardelli chocolate. Afterwards we made our way down to Carmel where we played on beautiful Carmel beach, witnessed a massacre of crabs, stocked an Irish Wolfhound (I want one, you see), and grabbed some soup and sand which before heading to the Forrest Theatre to enjoy a production of Lerner and Lowe’s Camelot. The Irish Wolfhound is the big, shaggy, grey dog
Massacre of litte crabs. . .so sad
"Beach Surfing"
Camelot proved to be a delightful little play and I was thoroughly glad that we made the trip down for it! The story began with Arthur meeting Guinevere and proceeded to the creation of the “round table.” The French knight, Lancelot Duloc, arrived on scene to promise his services to King Arthur and this new “round table.” In the process. . . Lancelot and Guinevere seem to have fallen in love, although I can’t really say that I blame Guinevere in this case. . . Lancelot was extremely good looking!!! (but it was very wrong. . very wrong indeed!!) hehe. Lancelot and Guinevere are found out and Lancelot must flee or be captured. The decision on how to punish Guinevere then falls to Arthur. In all justice he should burn Guinevere at the stake, but he loves her too much. In his indecision, Lancelot arrives and rescues the beautiful Guinevere . . . only to meet Arthur on the battlefield (a full out war had erupted as a result) in an attempt to right the wrong done. Arthur states that nothing can be done and Lancelot returns to his armies while Guinevere receives forgiveness from Arthur and lives the rest of her days as a nun. A young boy is told to remember the glory of Camelot before Arthur marches once again into battle . . . and so ends our story.

6 comments:

Janell said...

Wow, that looks like such a blast! I really really wish you guys could have done a different weekend so I could go! hahahaha! But I understand, everyone's so busy and I don't think the play is going on this weekend anyway. Looks super fun!!! We'll have to all hang out soon. Tell Jenna I said hi! (How come there are no close-ups of Lancelot? lol!!) And what's this about an Irish Wolfhound? First I've heard of it! haha!

Music Eloquence said...

ACKKKKKKK!!! I"M HOMESICK!!!!!!

Carissa Lopez. said...

YOU ALREADY WENT!!??? =(

Sarah said...

Janell. . . ha!! I haven't told you I want an Irish Wolfhound?? hummm. . . i've wanted one since I went to the St. Patty's day parade downtown and saw one. They are so neat!

Von . . .come home!

Kissa. . yes, we went. . . but it wasn't EVITA! I am still going to that and you are coming with me! :-)

alli:) said...

Hey Sarah!!! we got to see Camelot too. You should have seen me and chels when Lancelot came on the stage...we almost passed out!!lol!!

Sarah said...

HA!! aLLi . . . you are chels are definitely girls after my own heart. I am glad you were able to enjoy the performance and *ahem* SCENERY :-)