Monday, February 4, 2008

Friends. . .

I wanted to share with you all a poem one of my dearest and best friends wrote for me. She then had it engraved on a wooden box for me and presented it to me last year as a present for being the maid of honor in her wedding. It is one of the sweetest things anyone has ever given me. I hope you enjoy it!

Friends make the world more beautiful
They share their point of view
And help us to see things in a way
That’s wonderful and new
Friends make the world more beautiful
In countless different ways
Making good things better
And enriching all our days
It may seem we take for granted
As the days go past
The good and faithful friendships
That we’re counting on to last
But there’s a special language
Understood by you and me
In which our words of gratitude
Are spoke silently
An though your heart already knows
Sometimes I’d like to say
You’ve made my world more beautiful
I’m glad you came my way

~Elizabeth Richardson

3 comments:

Music Eloquence said...

That's a beautiful poem Sarah. Its true that friends make the world more beautiful and help us to see outside of our individual box of life's circumstances. I'm so thankful for my friends... and this blog thingy that's helped renew old friendships. Love you.

PS How is EVERYTHING??? =D

Janell said...

WOW! Beth is so talented! That is such a beautiful poem, she needs to have that published! She's such a sweetheart and great friend...I always always enjoy hanging out with her!
I'm so thankful you're MY friend too! I love you SO SO SO much.

East Coast-er Momma said...

Vewy sweet...Beth sure is a great person