Friday, February 22, 2008

Comfort Foods




According to Wikipedia Encyclopedia, “Comfort food is typically inexpensive, uncomplicated, and easy to prepare. Many people turn to comfort food for familiarity, emotional security, or special reward. The reasons a dish becomes a comfort food are diverse but often include pleasant associations of childhood. Small children often seem to latch on to a specific food or drink (in a way similar to a security blanket) and will repeatedly request it in high stress situations. Adults eat comfort food for a sense of continuity.”
My personal favorites:


Stressed ~ hot chai tea, pizza, chocolate!, wonton soup, Doritos

Sad ~ cookie dough ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, hot chocolate

Lonely ~ Thick homemade soup, Shepherd’s pie, turkey, mashed potatoes, pancakes

Indulgent ~ Butterfinger candy bar, McDonald’s cheeseburger, Chili’s chocolate
molten lava cake, chocolate milk, Chocolate dipped caramel apple with
crushed Oreos, Cinnamon Dolce steamer from Starbucks


Any new additions to my list would be welcomed! (I tend to use my comfort foods quite a bit these days) :-)

4 comments:

Vonney said...

The little girl in that ad looks like you when you were little!!!!

James Wilder said...

many...Mood Food, eh. I guess I never thought about it. I know there's some moods I get in when I don't want to eat anything...now that's noteworthy!

East Coast-er Momma said...

Lonely - Prianik!!

Sarah said...

vonney. . . was I that cute?? :-)

James. . . thats just when I am utterly devestated. . then I don't want to eat. no fun!

Mish!!! I forgot about Prianik!! with some hot black tea! Perfect!