Thursday, August 22, 2013

the second stop in our Italy roadtrip . . . beautiful Amalfi


 
Amalfi coast was absolutely stunning!!  It was a stop that we did almost as an afterthought after Pompeii.  We were done with Pompeii with several hours to spare for the day . . . I had read about the Amalfi coast and we decided to take the drive.  Boy was it worth it!!  I wish we had spent at least a whole day here!  Instead we had just a few charming, romantic and thrilling hours.  The coastline drive to Amalfi was gorgeous!  We stopped at one point just to take in the beauty . . and of course a few photos.  As we descended into the city we were met with a variety of tightly packed buildings which gave it a quaint feel.  Amalfi is located right across the street from the ocean so we were provided with a lightly scented ocean breeze and a fine mist on our faces.  As the sun started to set the lights of the city came out.  Stringed lanterns of different shapes and sizes gave this small village a feeling of "home".  The further we wandered back into the small alleyways the more of the city came into view.  Where you thought you may just be walking down a dark pathway you ended up in a wonderful market square full of sea food and lemoncello products!  Of course there were plenty of gelato shops as well!  We ate at a well known seafood restaurant complete with live music and a feeling of jovial hospitality.  I think we were all very hesitant to leave this little jewel of a city on Italy's southern coast.  It is a must to anyone traveling in this region of the country!

 
 





 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My FAVORITE!!!! This trip was GREAT!!! Your pictures are fantastic too! Ahhhh... to be back there again! * sigh***

~ mom

Anonymous said...

Your blog is a feast for the eyes.

I found your blog while I was googling apostolic blogs. I do not know if you are apostolic or not. I am a new Christian and was just trying to learn about the Pentecostal denomination, so that' s how I found your lovely blog.

Blessings!

Sue

Sarah said...

Thanks mom!! I do have to give credit to Clayton though . . I think one or two of the pics I posted were his :-)

Sue,
I sure am! That's interesting that you found my blog from apostolic blogs though . . I wonder why?