Saturday, January 19, 2008

Winter Fun!




There are few things that I enjoy more in the winter than skiing. Since living in Sacramento we have frequented just about every ski resort in Tahoe with Northstar and Sierra being the resorts of choice. I have also visited Banff in Canada and skied Sunshine Village several years back. I would love to visit Whistler, Colorado and Utah and am definitely planning on skiing the Alps in Switzerland sometime in my life. There is little that can compare to the fresh mountain air rushing in your face as you carve down the black diamonds or just bombing the less challenging slopes. I tend to enjoy the “bombing” more, in which caution is abandoned and adrenaline is at its peak. I avoid the moguls if at all possible and the trees are sketchy for me as well. Ryan, my brother, is a park veteran and has been successful in his attempts at getting me to jump as well as skiing “fakie". A hot chocolate sums up the day nicely and a nap on the ride home while someone else drives is always appreciated!

4 comments:

Music Eloquence said...

ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!! You wrote this to taunt me!!! AHHHHHHH!

Janell said...

Man...too bad I had the flu AND had to go to work that day! Looks like it was a beautiful day and great company! I've just GOT to get up there sometime!

Anonymous said...

LOL that day makes me laugh. Not about anything specific, it just makes me laugh.

Sarah said...

hehe. . . didn't mean to taunt. . . . well, not TOO much at least! :-)

The snow is coming down big time the last two weeks. I am hoping to make it up there on thursday before my clinicals start and I have no life again.