Saturday, July 14, 2007

When "love" is not enough. . .

People are constantly trying to “set me up” with young men whom they know. . . out of pity or pleasure, I have no idea. At weddings I often hear the question “When are YOU getting married?” or “You’re next Sarah!”. . . while I admit I do not like being alone or occasionally feeling lonely, I ask myself “In this gamble with life, it is worth the risk of such heartache and pain for the possibility of pleasure and great happiness?” As relationships all around me, young and old, are crumbling, lies and deceits told, and tears shed. . . . was it worth it to them? Some people say “Just put it in the hands of God” or “Just trust God”, but what about those who have put it in the hands of God and are still in pain. . . is there any chance of love and happiness left for them when their families and lives are torn apart?

I suppose that eventually the day will come when I myself try my hand at this game of love, but will it be enough? Will it last? I pray that it will, but only time will tell. . . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love is worth it. Even if hurt comes the good times are worth so much more that it balances out.

Janell said...

'Tis frightening, isn't it............

Anonymous said...

Marriage is the HARDEST thing I have ever done!!! Just make sure you like the in-laws LOL...make sure he listens well and obeys LOL. :) Never be in a hurry! Last but not least...please marry someone I like!!! LOL I'm kidding:)

Sarah said...

wow. . .thanks Ann Marie for those heart felt comments! I think u scared me more!! I will try to do all those things though, just for you!