Saturday, July 14, 2007

Family Reunions

After just getting back from a family reunion in Gaylord, Michigan (the first family reunion that I can remember ever going to) I have learned a lot about life and my family. Although I did not know 3/4ths of the people there, we had a connection because we were related and because of this connection we didn't care if others heard us sing off key around the campfire, caught a glimpse of us in our pajamas, or smelled our morning breath. What a weird feeling to be completely relaxed around 100 or so people that I have never seen or met before!! I also learned that one has the choice to age gracefully. . . . or not!

Although Michigan does not have too many positives, in my opinion, compared to California, I was able to witness the beauty of the great lakes on a six hour motorcycle ride, enjoy the clean fresh air of northern Michigan while camping for a week and partake of the delicious taste of the one and only Koegel's pickled bologna. Sound disgusting?? Don't knock it till you try it. . . it is only found in Michigan, however, but you may be able to order it online :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed, Sarah. Compared to CA, Michigan seems to pale, but I do love, more than anything, camping Up North in Michigan in the summer. Nothing beats it.