Wednesday, March 26, 2008

MY Lake Tahoe!!

Today I finished up the 2007-2008 ski season at Sierra at Tahoe! It was beautiful! My dad took me up there for the day even though he had to be at work by 4:00. . . (what a great dad!) On the way up there we passed a thriving little town called Fresh Pond which consisted of a gas station/restaurant/grocery store/souvenir shop all in one! HA!! I ended up driving today so I guess I noticed more things than usual (usually sleeping on the way to the mountain due to the early hour).
Everything seemed new and fresh to me today. . . . The splendor of the mountains, the beauty of Lake Tahoe, and the majesty of the melted snow creating miles of thunderous waterfalls. God’s creation was once again brought to my attention as awe inspiring and wonderful! I am so blessed to be able to enjoy the beauty that surrounds me through each changing season.
The snow was so-so. . . not too great, but not the worst either. It was icy when we arrived on the mountain but as the day progressed the snow began to soften. The wind chill factor was another story. . . it was cold until about 1:00! *Brrrrrrr*
I was able to work on my “moguls” carving skills which my dad critiquing and offering advice. I also was taken out by a snowboarder. . . and NOT on a date! He actually ran me over and thus bending my one good pole that I had. (They will definitely be replaced before next season!) Until the 2008-2009 ski season, I say ado to the glistening snow that covers the faces of rock that I so dearly enjoy treading upon!

6 comments:

Music Eloquence said...

Awwww... those were the good old days. Remember when our Dad's used to take us up every winter and we'd see how fast or how high we could go off a jump. Now you've moved on to moguls... I am ashamed (hiding face...) I haven't been skiing in years. No improvements or progress to speak of. Glad you and your Dad had fun. Yes, he's a good Dad. =)

James Wilder said...

Sarah, I enjoyed your post I actually felt the sadness of saying goodbye to winter.

I personally can't seem to justify the cost of going so often. I need to suck it up and buy my own equipment because it gets pricey to pay lift tickets, rentals, etc FOR TWO.

Besides, I've never done the ski thing and I want to try it out. I was only an obnoxious boarder...and obnoxious because I could barely control myself on the board, let alone trying to intentionally maneuver!

See ya.

Sarah said...

Yeah, I remember the good ol' days. . . . it used to be no problem getting people to go up the the hill for a day of fun and excitement. . . now, not so much.

James, ha!! you sound like the boarder that ran me over!!

Janell said...

"I say ado to the glistening snow that covers the faces that I so dearly enjoy treading upon!" Hahaha! You're so funny!
Hey, remember when your dad taught me how to ski for my 11th bday or something? That was hilarious!

Doug: yeah, you're doing pretty good! let's go to the top of the mountain.

Me: aren't those signs black diamonds? don't you have to be expert?

Doug: Nah, those are fun!

Me: But I lost one of my gloves!

Doug: Oh we'll get another one when we get to the bottom of the mountain

And off we go....with me sliding hands down, face first, down 1/2 the mountain! hahahahaha! And then later into a tree, remember that?! HAHAHAHAHA! Those were fun days! I wish I didn't have to work weekdays and could go with you!!!

Sarah said...

Janell.. . . ha!! I ment "faces of rock" or "faces of the mountains" or something to that effect. . . I changed it. Leaving it just as "faces that I enjoy treading upon" sounds as if I like to cover people with snow. . . you know I would NEVER do that!!! hehe

Seems like my dad taught everyone to ski that way (myself included)

Anonymous said...

My biggest mistake was trying to teach Amy! No wonder all my hair fell out!