Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fresh off the Press. . . .

IM GOING TO IRELAND IN TWO DAYS!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!


Totally a last minute decision! I was initially going to go to Ireland in June as my graduation present from my parents. . . . however, next week is my spring break from school and the trip is almost half the price if I go now instead of in the summer. My mother had suggested that maybe I go next week and save some moo-lahhh. We started looking up flights/B&B/etc. and have officially reserved our tickets today!! We will be gone for 7 nights, 9 days! I am so nervous, excited, freaking out!!! We have so much to do and so little time to do it in. . . . today will be packed with confirming reservations, making itineraries and plans, packing, so on and so forth.


Ireland. . . . .
That land of mystery, romance and full of history. What is it about this emerald isle that calls to me? I have always had a passion for traveling to Europe, but Ireland most of all. I have dreamed of living there in a small cottage with several acres of land, horses, a few goats, my dogs and a scooter/motorbike. I have dreamed of getting married there in a castle with just my closest friends and family. I have dreamed of experiencing the culture and richness of the Irish heritage. I don’t know when my passion for this island started. . but it might have been after I read “Scarlett” (the continuation of “Gone with the Wind”). I have recently acquired a desire to learn Irish tap dancing (after attending Riverdance with Janell in January) ha! Wow. . . I can’t believe that my dream is actually becoming a reality!

11 comments:

Janell said...

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!! I'm sooooooo excited for you, and REALLY REALLY wish I could go! MAN that sounds awesome...but I'm broke from the trip I just came back from! I think Ireland is awesome; one time I got a documentary on that Island, and there is some fascinating stuff to see and neat history!
I think their folklore is so interesting, and the landscape is unbelievable beautiful. Wow, you are going to have the best Spring Break ever!!!!!! You go girl!!! Take tons of pics, k? Be safe, and call me the second you get back!!! I'll be anxiously waiting to hear all about it, LUCKY BUM!!! ;)
Love ya!!!!!

Sarah said...

Janis!! I wish you could go too!!! I will go back though, so plan on going with me next time. I've looked up so much info and it looks amazing! I can text from over there and I will also try and post some pics on the blog.

Just booked three nights in castle!! yay! (it's a cheaper castle, but a castle nontheless)

Love you mucho!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, how exciting!!! Can't wait to see your pics and read about it on your blog. I'll be praying for you and your mom to have a safe & fun trip.
Cheryl Stimers

Music Eloquence said...

Awwwwwww Sarah bearah (I can hear your sweet mom saying that) I am soooooooooo excited for you guys. Go have a TOTAL BLAST!!!! I have always been intrigued with Ireland as well. I once did a study on the Celts and their connection to our present holiday, Halloween. Many of them had Irish ancestry. Then I read Braveheart (it IS based on truth you know.. lol) and my fascination grew even more. I love the green misty cliffs you see in pictures. Will you get to visit Stonehenge? Do have tons of fun and yes, take lots of pictures. Maybe you can give us a day by day synopsis of your vacation like Janell's doing. (hint hint). I would thoroughly enjoy reading it. =) Be Safe! Love ya. Give your sweet mom a hug for me.

Music Eloquence said...

Hey, I just thought of something... you've got to listen really closely to how they speak (English.. that is) and imitate them in one of your posts. =P

Sarah said...

Mom Stimers ~ thanks for praying. . . will need it!! I will be driving a car around on the left hand side of the road! LOL! I hope that turns out ok.

Von De ~ Top o'tha mornin' to yah! We will be visiting the cliffs of moher while we are there and they should be nice and misty! :-)

I have already visited Stonehenge, and it is actually in England. It is really cool though and has that mystical presence about it.

If I can find an internet cafe (and if I have the time) I will try and post what is going on over there. If not, I will fill you in when I get back!

Love ya!!

James Wilder said...

I'm so excited for you! Wish Em and I could go along with you....first things first: Passport! Spontaneous vacations...how cool!

Vonney said...

noooooooooo faiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! How fun is that! I would love to go there one day! Sounds like you are gonna have an absolute blast! When you get back, you gotta tell us all about it! Oh and BTW, you are tagged..When you get back, check out my site to find out what that means! Love ya and have fun!

Rebekah said...

OMW! So I got your message that said "Check my Blog" but I checked the wrong one and was like... um.... there's nothing here...

Shut up, I know I'm an idiot! Anyway, OMW!!!! OMW OMW OMW OMW OMW!!! Who are you going with, Beth and Range still???? I'm so confused! These spontaneous vacations just send my head'a spinnin'!

Biffy said...

Rebekah,
Unfortunatley, Range and Beth will not be attending the spring break version of the Ireland trip. Much to my dismay...

However, Range and I still plan on going in the summer time around the same time as originally planned.

Sarah,
I am raging with jelousy right now... I will be checking this thing EVERYDAY to see if there will be any updates.....

Ohhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I am missing this with you! I too have always (and pretty much ONLY) dreamt of going to Ireland.
Until the summer then!

Have a bloody good time then!

alli:) said...

AWWWW SARAH!!! put me in your suitcase!!!:D