Sunday, August 12, 2007

Afternoon Tea!

This last Saturday I hosted a real life tea party at my house! (it was actually a bridal shower for Elizabeth) Although it was WAY more work that I had anticipated it was worth the effort. I had multiple comments made, such as “you have made every little girls dream come true!” and “the only tea parties I have been to have included teddy bears and toys.” It was suggested to the ladies, in the invitations, to “wear your favorite summer dress and hat” and they did just that! We had a wonderful time and the only complaint that I could have was that the wind was just a little too overzealous :-)



Here is the tea table set up with two different flavors of hot tea. . . some iced tea. . . and some pink lemonade.

Lunch Menu: croissant sandwiches, potato salad, watermelon and Ben’s special mixed salad with strawberries. So delish!



Dessert Menu: three types of deluxe cupcakes ~ vanilla, chocolate and orange supreme ~ Sarah’s berries (which were a raving success. . they couldn’t get enough I tell ya!!), chocolate covered pretzels and raspberry thin mints. . . . wrapped up with some hot currant tea



Elizabeth and I
Mika had to make her appearance!!

Special thanks to: MY MOM!!!, Cheryl S., Lisa C. and Chris H. for ideas, supplies and help!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was very succusful.
You always have such wonderful ideas. Wish I could have been there to enjoy with you.
Love Gradma.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU SARAH!! It was soooo much fun (although I was never one of those little girls who wanted tea partys). Now, I am proceding to steal these pictures for my own use!! Thank you sooo much!

Ruth said...

Wow, the food looks wonderful and the presentation first rate. Good Job Sarah, hey, maybe you can slip your patients a business card for your side job lol!

Anonymous said...

Aww, thanks Sarah. I enjoyed helping in the little bit that I did.
You did an outstanding job.

Janell said...

Wow, seriously, it looks like you outdid yourself! What a little baker, too! WOW! You should open a store! I wish I could have made it, did you explain where I was to Beth? hehehe...love ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad I couldn't be there :( Looks like ya'll had fun regardless. Special congrats to our lovely Beth, and once again, Sarah, you absolutely outdid yourself.