Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sworn in to the Army

 
I am officially an employee of the United States Government!
 
Some random laws we have come across here: If you have a dog you must walk your dog at least 1 hour a day.  You cannot keep your dog in a kennel.  You must observe quite hours between 2200-0600 every day, all day on sundays and any German holiday.  You cannot leave your car running while parked for more than three minutes.  You must separate your trash into three separate containers: recycle, paper and waste (this is not an option).
 
The German government imposes a tax of 19% on everything :-(
 
 

5 comments:

Ruth said...

So Sarah,
Are you in the Army? Do you have a rank? How nice to be living in a foreign land yet surrounded by english speaking people, or should i say Americans? Sounds like the best of both worlds!
Lisa C.

Sarah said...

Hi Lisa! I am civilian employee of the Department of Defense, Army. My rank is a GS-11 I guess. We are trying to settle it, might take some time as we have no house, belongings or car. . but it is nice that we can communicate with most people :-) Keep in touch!!

Unknown said...

And we think that 7.5 % is bad!

Janell said...

Lol! Sounds exactly like Canada! (I bet the military hours will take a bit of getting used to..?) Proud of u my friend!

Sarah said...

Dad. . . be thankful for you 7.5% tax and your $4 a gallon gas. . . here it is over $8 a gallon . . sigh

Janell . . I have actually used military hours the last 4 years due to my job, but the military itself is hard to get used to