Tuesday, July 24, 2012

India Visas. . . . check!!

One step closer to our next big adventure. . . we have obtained our India visas after 1 passport photo, 1 page of extremely confusing internet directions, 1 incorrect India visa request form, 1 correct India visa request form, 1 internet order form for India visa, 1 copy of driver's license proving my correct address, 1 intact passport, 1 scanned page of correct India visa request form, $75 of fees, and 1 trip driving to San Francisco.  *wheww*  In the midst of this process, Clayton and I asked each other "How bad do we want to go to India?"  As this was the first time I have every had to apply for a visa I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  I guess I had it better than my dear brother who applied for a visa to China.  He had all of the above plus another trip to San Francisco and an added $70 in fees. 

On another note, a nice lady standing in line with us to pick up the visas informed me that the shopping is incredible!  The very nice pair of sandals she had on were from India and cost a whopping $2.50!  (Clayton did not want me to hear this little gold nugget of information)

India. . . here we come!

3 comments:

Janell said...

Ooooh I wouldn't mind a souvenir! ;D hahaha! Wow sounds much more difficult than going to Europe!

Janell said...

Ooooh I wouldn't mind a little souvenir! ;D haha! Wow, sounds much more difficult than traveling to Europe! Have a fantastic time!

Sarah said...

Thanks Janis!! (I'll see what I can come up with for you) ;-)