Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dinner

ugh!! My first dinner made in my very own house was a disaster!! I tried so hard . . . and I really CAN cook . . . sigh. . First, I got a recipe from my mother-in-law for chicken and rice. Bought the groceries, was excited. I then forgot to cover the chicken and rice with foil which I realized AFTER I pulled it out of the oven 1.5 hours later. I also cut the tip of my thumb off with a brand new junk knife while I was cutting ingredients for a salad and spilled A&W all over the floor when it exploded upon opening. None of this should have happened. . . sooo . . as it was. . . we ate the poor dried out and hard rice with chicken and it wasn't all that bad. Clayton bandadged my thumb up and I have since cleaned all A&W off of the floor, cabinets, countertops, etc.

Tomorrow night I shall try a roast in the crockpot . .

6 comments:

Kim said...

LOL! I am not laughing at you but with you! Funny thing is I still happen to do things like that. I am sorry about your thumb, but at least your knight was valiant and cleaned it for you. If I know Clayton, he thought you did great! A for effort, right?

Biffy said...

Don't worry. Nothing says kitchen disaster like a grilled cheese sandwich put in the microwave for 30 minutes to then explode and catch on fire!

Sarah said...

wow beth!! u really did that??

glad to report that my roast and my teriyaki chicken both came out wonderfully from the crockpot and i haven't had any more complications with cooking. . . i did burn my arm on the oven once. . but that didn't mess up the meal :-)

TRC Rockers said...

If it makes you feel better we've all been there. In the process of making hamburger helper and Rice-a-Roni YEARS AGO (gross, I know) I accidentally swapped the seasoning packets each had come with. Oh how I wish I could say that was the last time that happened! But don't worry I'm sure one day Clayton will have an equally hysterical story of his own.

PS - I'm totally laughing AT you! ;)

Janell said...

Haha! Sarah!! Too funny...my advice is don't substitute jalapenos for green onions----ever! =D And that's all I'll say on that one.
Oh, and if the pastor comes over, make sure to refill his Sprite with Sprite--not water. LOL!
p.s. Is your arm ok??? ouch!

Sarah said...

Janell.... probably shouldn't subsititute creme chicken for creme of tartar ever either, right?? hehe