Tuesday, May 5, 2009

4:12 AM


What is there to do at 4:12 in the morning when you can't sleep??? I have been working 12 hour pm shifts for the last three nights and as a result was extremely tired most of the day but have now found myself completely awake at 4:12 am. Since I cannot sleep, and none of my friends are awake to hang out with me on my night off, what is a girl to do???


I have been working on renewing my expired passport online for the last 15 min or so, have taken a benadryl to perhaps help me sleep, and have tossed and turned in bed for the last 3 hours prior to me getting up and coming downstairs to sit at the computer.


Anyone have any suggestions for me to do the next time I find myself without an ounce of sleepiness in the wee hours of the morning??

5 comments:

Janell said...

Write me a nice long email! hahaha! (Actually you did post on my blog, but then it disappeared?!)

1. Drink some warm milk
2. Wear ear plugs (it helps!)
3. Sounds weird but force yourself to completely relax, and focus on "dark". That's it. Don't let another thought enter your mind. And then 20 min later you'll be fast asleep.
4. OR just let your mind wander at will: think about the oddest, most random things you can. Don't actually form thoughts, but focus on the pictures in your mind. This works too, and you can find all these on wikipedia. (I've had trouble falling asleep lately)

Love ya bunches!
hope you get on those day shifts soon!

Chels:) said...

EAT :D!!!!LOL

Janell said...

You will NEVER believe this....It's 4:17am. Should I call you?! HAHAHAHA! Chels is RIGHT. EAT. I tried all of the stuff I suggested you, and fate has a way of making fun of us....nothing worked. Finally got up and took some Advil (headache) and drank some milk.
I just feel tons of energy and feel like it's the middle of the day! Agh! So I'm checking emails and stuff, and just heard a bird start chirping! Isn't he a little early?? It's still totally dark out!
I was tossing and turning so bad, poor Aydin kept waking up and he has to go to work in 3 hours so I decided just to come downstairs and write you. =D

Sarah said...

HA!! I've just decided to stay up till 3 and 4 every night and sleep until 1:30 every day. . . really, I have :-) I always feel like a bum when I do that though. 4:12 am is not a very healthy time to eat. . . however, when I am working I usually eat throughout the night. 'Tis a difficult situation

Jacqueline Suzanne said...

Welcome to my world!!! The world of overnights!! 4:12a in the morning at my work is finishing any last minute internet surfing before craming the rest of your work in a couple hours worth of work in oh 45 minutes!!! LOL I'm good that's all I can say!!! Or you can email me I'm always up late!!!

Jac