Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sigh. . . .

My life has really been in the fast lane these last several months, and while some love living life in such a fashion. . . it is not exactly my cup o’tea. I prefer quite nights at home, time to myself, reading a great book, scrapbooking, playing games with my best friends. . . don’t get me wrong, I love to party it up as well. . . but I just haven’t had time for ME lately, or for my friends. While once upon a time I was somewhat of an “avid blogger” I have been reduced to maybe one post every 2 months. Sad.

Anyway, here is a brief synopsis of what has been happening: Work at my new house is a constant and while looking at the “big” picture we have actually accomplished quite a bit, it doesn’t seem like it on a day-to-day basis. It seems as if it DRAGS on and on and on, meanwhile consistently draining my checking account. Ryan and Kelly were married the first part of February and it was a beautiful celebration. I was also able to enjoy many of my family that came out for the occasion. I am continuing to work three 12 hour shifts a week and that is definitely enough for me! No extra pick-up shifts no matter HOW much they pay me. . . no sir-e. Beth, Clayton, my parents and myself went on a small adventure over this last weekend to Half Moon Bay and then up through Pacifica, San Francisco and then home. It was quite fun and relaxing! I have decided that we need to do a day trip like this at least once a month. I am really missing Europe at the moment and am looking for every chance to go back. My mom and I found some great deals to Ireland right now. . . it is very tempting. . .if only my checks weren’t disappearing as soon as I get them . . .

Well Friends. . . I hope my life slows down here soon. . . can’t quite keep up with this pace for very much longer. . . good news though: my dearest friend Janell is moving back to California in a few months and bringing her new husband with her. I can’t wait!



Here is some of the work that has been going on at my house: Before and "somewhat" after of main bath room and entry way between living room and dinning room/kitchen


Few pictures from the wedding. . . don't have many of the actual ceremony on my computer since I was in it. . .


Trip to Half Moon Bay. . . it was Beautiful!

6 comments:

Janell said...

Awwwwww Halfmoon Bay is one of my fav places! Can't wait to see you and hang out, I miss you tons!
Had to laugh, that sounded funny: "bringing my new husband with me". Yes, they have good deals on men up here, this one is named Aydin. *laughing* He's actually bringing me! =D
p.s. Liking those pics, the one with C is rather lovely.

James Wilder said...

Cheer up, Sarah! :)

Yes, a road trip sounds lovely right now. But this next month has 3 destinations, so I feel better: Tahoe, San Diego and Washington.

Rebekah said...

I totally wish we could have met up. I'm missing you terribly. I have 5 weeks left of school so I can't really afford to take a weekend off now. It's a race to the finish.

But in May??? Let's plan on it!

Kim said...

You know, I was born and raised in Cali and I have never been there. It looks beautiful, guess I'll have to go see for myself! Hope things can slow down a bit for you Sarah, you deserve the break. You could always come to my very calm and quiet house to relax! :)

Biffy said...

I had to laugh as well about Janell having the choice to bring her husband with her!!

Thanks for the invite to the bay area. As it turns out Range and I will not be having any free weekends for quite some time now...
However, I hope to hear from you soon!

East Coast-er Momma said...

I miss you