Saturday, January 17, 2009

The work begins. . . .

Thought I would share the updates on the house with everyone. . . .

I got my keys!!! yay!!My realtor, Courtney. Courtney, thank you so so so much! U are awesome!
Getting supplies. . .

The results of our shopping spree :-) (there was more stuff as well. . . )Mom hard at work in the kitchen. . . she did a WONDERFUL job on the refridge. . . we can actually use it now!

The men tearing apart my pitiful and pathetic bathtub. . . this thing was UGLY!!!
This was what was under the bathtub! It was quite a surprise. . . we found all kinds of goodies. . . acorns, droppings, etc. . . . don't worry, I cleaned it all up.


The demolition crew!! It was actually quite fun ripping and pounding the drywall, wouldn't you say so kelly?

Me and my hunny
Taking the refuse to the dump. . . what an adventure!!! First of all, I didn't know that we actually had to do the work of removing the trash once we got there. . . . also, you wouldn't believe the great stuff that people actually throw away!!! I saw so many great finds (but clayton assured me it was against the law to take the trash that others threw away at the local dump) . . . too bad . .
Caught the guy coming to take away my sign . . he wasn't too thrilled that we were taking pictures of him though. . .


Some of the first visitors to my new house :-)

7 comments:

Janell said...

I can't wait to hang out in your new house with you, and see it when it's all done! woo hoo!!!!! =D I'm so excited for you!
I bet you'll do an awesome job finishing it, knowing you...
Good luck with everything, definitely wish I could help you with it! But I'll get you a house-warming gift! ;D

TRC Rockers said...

You should have a house warming so we can buy you stuff!

Anonymous said...

Sarah! I am so happy for you! your house looks so nice. Your hunny is cute too! I love and miss you SO much.

Ann Marie said...

SOOOOOOO happy for you!!!! By the way the pajamas under the skirt is way hot!!! lol

RH said...

I am rejoicing with you on the acquisition of yet another "first" in your life...God is so good! Just think of all that you will be able to "share" your blessing with in the years ahead! You will enjoy the fireplace!

Rev. and Mrs. Zotzman's Blog said...

Your house is so adorable! Congrats! You are such an inspiration!

Janell said...

Time for a newwwwwwwwwwwwww post! ;)