Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Results: NCLEX

I PASSED!!!!! I PASSED, I PASSED, I PASSED!!! No more teachers, no more books. . . . .

I have officially passed my NCLEX and am now a licensed registered nurse in the state of California!! I took the test some weeks ago and should have found out my results two days after the fact but I had some problems with the school and my transcripts. I had to call Sacramento State and get that worked out and then the Board of Registered Nurses then took a couple weeks to process them. Sigh. . . the thought of "oh no. . .what if I didn't pass" has constantly been in the back of my mind these last couple weeks. I have faithfully checked on the BRN website every morning (late morning actually!! ha) to see if I, by chance, had a license number yet. This morning was no different. . .the difference came when my name popped up with a license number next to it and the label of "RN"!!! I ended up running outside, barefoot, around our house with three dogs chasing after me and biting my feet/clothes. . . it was an exuberant sight I am sure. . . I still can’t quite believe it!! My goal over the last 8 years is finally accomplished! Now I just have to find a job. . . . . .

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! I'm so proud of my Sarah Barah! You are the greatest! I love you more than you will ever know!
love,
mom

Kim said...

Congratulations Sarah! You've accomplished quite a lot for one so young! I am proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Finally !!!!
I am very happy for you...
Now to get a job and work for the
rest of your life.....
I can just see the 4 of you running
around the house, shouting.
wish I was there to run with you.
love granny

Vonney said...

i am running around my house with the kids nipping at my heels over this news! lol
Congratulations! You deserve all the good in life! You worked hard for it! (:
Love ya!
ps... Still waiting for you to come work out with me...lol

Anonymous said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! WOHOOOO!!! WAY TO GO SARAH!!!!

I am so very very proud of you, my dear friend! Luv ya- Amy

Anonymous said...

YAY SARAHHH!!! I'm so excited and proud of you, you ROCK!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sarah Barah......now.....quit playing the piano ...... and ......GET A JOB!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sarah!!! =)

Faith Maria Lopez said...

Congrats Sarah!!! I'm super excited!!!! woohoo

Carly said...

Congrats Sarah! That is so awesome :) I am so happy for you!

MissionsAngel said...

Awesome Job Sarah! You have a great personality and a sweet spirit, you'll make a fine nurse! Congratulations!

Sarah said...

THANKS GUYS!!! The next step is almost accomplished. . .I interviewed for a position and I think I have it in the bag. . . that will be a separate posting though :-)