Monday, November 26, 2007

A Cinderella Story

This last weekend, November 24th 2007 to be exact, my biggest dream came to pass!! I met Josh Groban and his dog Sweeney in Carmel California. *for those of you who are not aware, I am IN LOVE WITH JOSH GROBAN!!!* The one person in the whole world who I would want to meet has been Josh Groban for the past 6 years or so. I know all of his three CD’s by heart and could spot his voice in any crowd (and apparently his face! LOL). We were walking downtown Carmel when a young man passed me on the street and brushed my shoulder. When I looked up, I looked into the eyes of Josh! Instant recognition! I turned around to my dad who was kind of chuckling as he said “wow, that kid looked a lot like Josh Groban.” I said “DAD!! That WAS Josh Groban!!” By this time he was already walking down the other side of the street. My dad insisted that I go talk to him but I was a little hesitant as he is a celebrity and I didn’t want to ruin his day. I finally gave in and when I caught up to him, simply said “uhh, excuse me. . . . I know you probably really hate this, but I just recognized who you are and I was wondering if I could take a picture with you.” He replied. . “sure”. . . I then assured him that I wasn’t a “freaky person” and just a “big fan” to which he laughed and told me that I had a cool hat and anyone with a hat as cool as mine was cool with him. Since I was holding Mika he said “hold on, let me grab my dog!” I asked him what his dog’s name was and he told me Sweeney. “As in Sweeney Todd??” I replied. . . “exactly!” *I think I scored some points there!* He then put his arm around me and pulled me in close. . . . *sigh. . . * After the pictures he began asking how my Thanksgiving was and told me to have a great weekend. He was such a nice, down to earth young man and I wouldn’t mind getting to know him better. . .HA! I guess sometimes dreams really do come true. . .

10 comments:

Music Eloquence said...

OH MY Word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe your luck. That's absolutely incredible. HAHAHA! I just watched him on Youtube with a rocker violinist chic that went on tour with him. It was awesome. Do you have his Christmas album? I don't but plan to get it.

Anonymous said...

So when's the wedding! lol You DO make a cute couple...Oh and his Christmas CD is great -Vondy..lol (That's my new name for Von de Leigh..) Love ya!
ps..Miss our workouts!

Ruth said...

"When you say you love me....."
(sorry Matt)

East Coast-er Momma said...

Sarah, some people just have all the luck in the world....and I'm beginning to come to grips with the fact that you are one of those people....I'm suprised that he didn't ask for your number after the "Sweeney Todd" thing...heeeh

James Wilder said...

Sarah,
How awesome is that!? Was he singing in town or just on vacation? Cool...Von De Leigh, his Christmas Album will probably sound just like any other Groban album :) haha He rocks though.

Sarah, now back to reality. There are men who stand much taller than Groban around TRC these days :)

Janell said...

Hahaha! MAN I can't believe we paid $100 to see him in concert in April before our vacation, and then you get to meet him for free! I'm happy for you though, because you've been a serious fan for years. (I always laugh when you even sing his Italian arias that nobody can sing to nor understand!)
That's so cool! Aren't you glad you went and talked to him?! Unbelievable!

Anonymous said...

That rocks! That's crazy, how cool is that, you getting to meet someone you actually like, would want to meet. I've met some really random folks that are not necessarily at the top of my list like Fabio (at LAX). But meeting Josh Groban...that's pretty cool. Did he use hair straightener because I somehow remember he had curly hair before...and he wears it to cover his big ol' ears. LOL Love ya Sarita Bonity

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sarah! OMGoodness! You are such a lucky girl to rub shoulders with Josh Groban! It's our dream come true!!
Thanks for sharing your awesome blog, and the pics are great too!
-Marina

MissionsAngel said...

I am listening to Josh Groban I'll be home for Christmas and I thought of you! lol
I love your blog Sarah, its so cute...=)