Friday, January 17, 2014

The overseas visit of some very dear Friends :-)

When my childhood buddy, twin, inseparable companion first told me of plans to visit me in Europe it was a dream . . . I couldn't quite believe it, although I wanted to desperately!  From about the ages of 10-16 me and Mish were combined at the hip.  Every Sunday was a play day with us . . . sleep overs, horseback ridding, cowboy and Indian playing, recording our own plays, sleeping in the shed with a 5 gallon bucket close by in case of a "nature" emergency . . . we did everything together.  Since that time we have grown apart, but only in terms of distance.  She has been living in Pennsylvania for the last 5 years or so and I have now moved to Germany . . . but she is still my buddy!!

As the time drew closer I realized that it was indeed going to happen!  She was coming to see me and bringing her precious family with her!!  Oh what fun we had!!  Walks through the country side, cookie making, castle visiting and a beautiful day at and around Lake Constance and Stein am Rhein, Switzerland.  It was sooo good to visit, laugh and explore once more!

 
Being goofy at the Rhein Falls ~ the largest plain waterfall in Europe.  It was exciting, fun and WET! Unfortunately, because of the tide, we were not able to take the boat ride up to the rock you see in the background and explore . . . but the boat did circle the falls thus insuring we were drenched and pleased with the experience :-)


 
Buddies!!

 
The beauty on the Island of Mainau was shocking!  The crystal clear ponds, freshly groomed lawns, the exotic butterfly house . . . it was incredible!



Village of Stein am Rhein in Switzerland was quaint, cute, cozy and beautiful all at the same time . . . and Expensive!!!  We ended up paying close to $30 for two small frozen yogurts and a water bottle.  I just about had a heart attack!!
 
 

No comments: