Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Treasure Island - Forrest Theater, Carmel by the Sea


As is my custom, when attending theatrical performances, I would like to write a review of Treasure Island now playing at the Forrest Theater. However, my review will be incomplete as I was only able to attend the last half of the show. Do to a few "hiccups" on the way to Carmel from Gualala state park campground, Clayton and I arrived to the said theater at intermission. We stayed for the rest of the performance so I would like to give you what little I can in case anyone would like to attend. The play closes this weekend if you plan to go.

It was cute. The props were awesome, as always, the atmosphere was light and fun (we attended the 2:00 pm matinee on Sunday) and everyone seemed to be in a jolly mood. I did have some problems with the acting however. Young Jim Hawkins left a lot to be desired. OH sure . . . he had his words memorized, but there was no feeling or emotion behind them. ok, ok. . he is a kid . . . but still!! Long John Silver was great along with Ben Gunn. Many of the others were somewhat pitiful actors.

Overall, entertaining but would not go back to watch the entire preformance.

Now.. . . next month they are showing Alice in Wonderland in which we plan to attend. I will write another review at that time :-)

4 comments:

Kim said...

I know it's small but the B st theater did a great performance of Treasure Island.

Janell said...

lol! Nice review. =) of the the last half... ;) jk! What weekend are you guys going to see Alice in Wonderland? p.s. Love the blog update! Gorgeous!

Janell said...

Time to update zee blog... :D

Sanctuary of Praise said...

Just awesome! I also love your blog's design! I just started one myself for our church's website. I'm kind of new to blogging though so I'm checking out other blogs to get some inspiration for design and content. Feel free to check our new blog at our church in Bellevue

Would love to know what you think!