Sunday, August 24, 2008

An Employee At Last!!


I am here to inform you all that I am no longer unemployed. I have received an offer of employment and have accepted the said offer to work at Lodi Memorial Hospital in the Medical/Surgical floor. This full time, night shift position was offered to me last Friday and I readily agreed to the conditions. Although I really wanted to work in Labor and Delivery, I feel that this position will allow me to develop as a nurse and provide me with much needed skills for my future. I am excited, yet nervous at the same time. I will start working this week and continue in my orientation to the hospital/floor for about 8 weeks. Lodi Memorial is only about 15 minutes away from home and is expanding to a brand new wing which will have all private rooms (said to be opening late next year). YAY!!!

18 comments:

Chandra said...

yaaaay! That's so awesome!

James Wilder said...

*standing on my head with excitement for Sarah* WOOOOHOOO!!!!!

Carly said...

Congrats Sarah! That is such a huge accomplishment! I am so so happy for you :)

Faith Maria Lopez said...

Congrats Sarah!!! Now I can teach you how to play Phantom of the Opera Songs!! hehe

Vonney said...

Congrats!!!! how exciting!!!!(:

Biffy said...

OOOOOO!! When's the party!!??

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I'm so excited & happy for you. That's great news. It'll probably be kinda tough working the night shift at first, but you will get your foot in the door & be right there and ready for any opening positions that become available. Congratulations!!
Love ya, Mom #2 :)

Janell said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! That is soooo fantastic! I'm really happy for you! How nice and close that is! Now you'll be rolling in the dough! hahahaha!

James Wilder said...

How do you spell "Shooga Momma"? :)-

Sarah said...

Thanks guys!! I really appreciate all of the support! Just got my "badge" today as well as my scrub tops. I start next tuesday. . . whoah. . . im nervous!!! I am sure there will be more blog posts to come on my experiences out on the "floor" :-)

James ~ I have no intention of being a "sugar momma" LOL!! I would like to think that I have other things to offer someone rather than just my RN license and what that brings . . . . we shall see :-)

Anonymous said...

Sooo... Sarah, now that you got that rich new job, what are you doing friday night?

haha... jk, CONGRATULATIONS!! Thats exciting!

Anonymous said...

hurry up and become a preceptor!!!

Anonymous said...

Huzzah! (Whatever that means, LOL)
I'm so glad you got the job, Sarah, but those people would be total idiots not to hire you.
Dad #2 (Hey, if my wife's "Mom #2", then I'm claimin' ya! Hahaha!)

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO!! ...Who knows you might even become a coffee addict while working nights! LOL :) Amy-

Kim said...

Congratulations Sarah!! That is exciting!!!

C Hendryx said...

hi - i know you :)

Rev. and Mrs. Zotzman's Blog said...

CONGRATS!! That is great to hear! God will always provide for his children! I am happy for you and your future!

TRC Rockers said...

If I could do cart wheels for you I would!!! Hooray!!! You ar egoing to be awesomeb ecause your education is fresher and more advanced. The only thing you'll have to learn is where the suplies are and when you get PAID!!!!!
P.S. I agree with James 2nd comment, lol.